09 March 2011

Foggy Days London Town



At some point this year, I realized that an old friend from Loudon (who I hadn't seen in about, oh, 11 years) was living in Europe also--London to be precise.  After a brief reconnection on facebook, plans were quickly made to trade countries for a couple weekend visits. I would spend my birthday weekend in London, and Hannah would later come to Copenhagen to visit.  Little did we realize that a month later we would also end up in Ireland the same week to see each other again.  

So then, here are a few highlights from London Town:




London Eye, from Green Park near Buckingham Palace.
 Mad hatter for Tea in the Park?
This gate is Canada.  No, seriously, it doesn't lead TO Canada, but is the gate representing the queen's dominion over Canada :)
      

This would be Buckingham Palace.  I'm not super touristy, but it wouldn't have been a weekend in London without at least seeing the famous gate.  My only real thoughts were, Thank God this is not the WEDDING weekend!!!

And, of course, you know I had to see the British Museum of Natural History's new DARWIN exhibit.  Pretty cool, and I'll def use some of that material in my classes.






Gotta try fish'n'chips and MUSHY peas in London.  Yes, that's right folks, those mushy green things on the side there are mashed peas.  No seasoning, and rather gross.  Fish and beer were tasty though.  :)











 
St. Paul's Cathedral from Millenium Bridge
       


Views from the top of and below St. Pauls






  

  


Double Decker Bus!





Phone Booth!



  


Weekends at the Markets










PANORAMA SHOTS







RANDOM THINGS AROUND TOWN







 

No comments:

Post a Comment