02 January 2011

Various Celebrations and Meetups

Birthdays in Denmark involve a lot of national flags.  Danes love to decorate with the Danish flag--any type of party--Christmas, birthdays, sales, anniversarys--are usually full of the red and white colors.  






Halloween is not a big holiday here, but some Danes are embracing the sugared dress up night.  The student bar and university hang outs all had some kind of event--I opted for a greek look, going as Artemis, the goddess of the hunt.






National dress is a part of most scandinavian and german culture. This is a dirndl from Munich--if you want to know more about the German trachten, see my previous post on Oktoberfest and Bavaria.  =)

It's located here.

The national dress is a much bigger part of Norway culture than Denmark--at least, that I have noticed.  When I was in Bergen (northern Norway) there were several shops that sold the costumes, but I have never seen this in Denmark.  Though, I will say that neither of these compares to the clothes in Germany/Austria.



One of my favorite restaraunts in Copenhagen hosts a variety of taxidermic artwork.  It's called Bankeraat, and the walls are full of ethnic and otherwise furry stuffed items.

No comments:

Post a Comment